The SJXXIII Discipleship Apprenticeship Process forms participants in the heart and habit of discipleship.
Disciples are asked to take a few minutes throughout each week to pray and reflect on aspects of discipleship. The materials are divided into 9 sessions with weekly reflections provided for each. The sessions are as follows:
- The first three sessions focus on growing the heart of the disciple:
- God’s great love for us
- The Good News of Jesus Christ
- Our call to discipleship
- The next 5 focus on growing the habits of discipleship: community, prayer, scripture, Mass, reconciliation, service.
- You are then invited to reflect and journal aobut the next steps of your personal discipleship call.
- We then explore the values and virtues of a disciple as taught in The Beatitudes, which depicts discipleship characteristics to incorporate into our daily lives.
- We close this process with a message and prayer from the Walking in the Foot Prints of Jesus Discipleship Team.
Click into the each theme to access the weekly reflections:
God Loves Us Passionately
Jesus Is Good News for Our Lives
Jesus Calls Us to Follow Him
Habit One: Pray Every Day
Habit Two: Read Scripture Every Day
Habit Three: Attend Mass Often
Habit Four: Seek Reconciliation Often
Habit Five: Serve the Least Regularly
Where Is Jesus Leading You Now?
Our Prayer for You
Feel free to move through the reflections at your own pace as you feel called.
If you would like to discuss the materials further or have any questions, please contact Kelly Lemens.